- Parliament Prayer Breakfast & Parliament Sitting
The Parliamentary Prayer Breakfast for 2017 will be on Tuesday 19th December in Parliament Chambers, Tuanaimato. The service will be officiated by Rev. Peteru Fiaumi Taua of the EFKS Lepale, Fasitoo Uta.
The Legislative Assembly will meet soon after to conclude the following.
Bills that will be discussed in the sitting:
- Supplementary Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2017/2018;
- Casino and Gambling Control Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2017;
- Alienation of Customary Land Amendment Bill 2017;
- Crimes Amendment Bill 2017;
- Immigration Amendment Bill 2017;
- Income Tax Amendment Bill (No.2) 2017;
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank Bill 2017.
The order of business for the final sitting will be made available on our Parliament website (www.palemene.ws).
- Parliamentary Awareness Programme for Civil Society
The Office of the Legislative Assembly will host its 2nd Parliamentary Civil Society Programme, on the same day Parliament meets for its final sitting 2017. The programme aims at strengthening ties between Parliament and the public by increasing awareness about the works of Parliament. More importantly, the programme seeks to develop relations with the media so as to be able to report Parliamentary proceedings to the public effectively.
For more information regarding the Civil Society Parliamentary programme, please contact the Community Relations Services Division at 21811 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.