WEEK BEGINNING 17TH – 21ST NOVEMBER 2014
- MEMBERS SEMINAR SERIES, 17thNOVEMBER 2014
- PARLIAMENTARY LAW AND PROCEDURES COURSE,18TH NOVEMBER 2014
- CIVIL SOCIETY PARLIAMENTARY PROGRAMME, 20th NOVEMBER, 2014
MULINUU (November 14, 2014)
1. The final installment of the ongoing Seminar Series for Parliamentarians will be held on Monday, 17th November 2014. The final series is titled: “Ministers, Minders and Information Management.” Professor Richard Herr and Dr Peter Patmore of the University of Tasmania will wrap up the Series which is an initiative under the Samoa Parliamentary Support Project (SPSP) jointly funded by the Government of Australia and the Government of Samoa. At the conclusion of the final one day Seminar, Her Excellency Susan Langford, Australian High Commissioner to Samoa will present Certificates of Participation for Parliamentarians who had successfully attended half of the seminars in the series since 2012.
2. The Parliamentary Secretariat will also have their final course and assessment for their Parliamentary Law and Procedures Course on Tuesday, 18th November 2014. This course which had been running in quarterly installments since the end of 2012 will culminate in a graduation ceremony on Friday, 21st November 2014. This graduation will see the conferment of Certificate and Post Graduate Certificate awards accredited to the University of Tasmania upon successful staff.
3. The Office of the Clerk of the Legislative Assembly will also hold its inaugural Civil Society Parliamentary Programme on Thursday, 20th November 2014. This colloquium is tailored for civil society and the media to improve relations, reporting and engagement with the Parliament. It will address issues of Civil Service and Political Minders, Privilege and Parliament’s Intellectual Property Rights. Approximately 80 participants are expected to attend.
All the above events will be held at the Maota Tofilau Eti Alesana Building, Mulinuu. For more information please contact the following staff:
Aufai Fulisiailagitele Tel: 21811 ext-1064
Valasi Iosefa Tel: 21811 ext – 1092
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org